Friday, August 10, 2012

What's On My Workdesk?

I've been working on a couple of projects....here are some pics for your delight....


This is an art journal I'm making....I still have to work on the inside. I made it with a cereal box after cutting it to size.  Then painted a paper bag and covered the box.  After that I ripped and distressed corrugated paper.  I added one of my handmade paper flowers and adorned it with some vintage jewelry and lace and some scrappy goodies.  I just love the way the vintage lace drips down on the bottom of the album.  I'm not sure what kind of a journal I want it to be but I like the way it came out.
This is an altered wooden box I painted and distressed and added a bunch of paper flowers from my stash after distressing them with white paint.  I added some vintage embellishments and voila!  This was fun and easy to make.  The beautiful lady on the cover is one of my favorite lady's--isn't she lovely?
These are a few baby food jars that I upcycled to hold my vintage buttons.  I painted the tops white and added some modeling paste for some texture.  I also tea dyed some old lace curtains and added my handmade crochet little flowers and placed a tiny pearl in the middle.  They will be living in a vintage shelf I just painted white.  Once I finish making the other little knick knacks I want to put in my cubby and I finish the arrangement, they will look adorable....






No comments:

Post a Comment