Wednesday, August 22, 2012

From Riches To Rags......


 

I like to challenge myself and see what I could do with old or used items that are not being enjoyed the way they once were, so  after 24 years of marriage I decided it was time to re-purpose all that beautiful lace from my wedding dress.   I cut the sleeves and just slipped them onto these two glass candles-- I didn't have to tea stain the lace since it had already aged naturally.  They fit perfectly into the sleeves--too bad you really can't appreciate the lace and pearls with these pics.   I now get to enjoy part of my wedding dress everyday!


It's amazing what you can do with kitchen utensils--this is a cupcake tray I painted and distressed.  I also painted some old mulberry paper flowers and trimmed it with some beautiful pearl and lace trim.  It keeps my most used baubles within reach right on my work desk, and it looks so pretty!



This is a lace collage I made on muslin.  I fused the picture onto the fabric and sewed a zig-zag stitch around it after making a pocket and stuffing it with batting.  I used a vintage piece of doily lace and buttons and some lace from my wedding dress (lace on the left corner).  I also used pink velvet trim woven into the lace on the right, and in addition to the pearls already on the lace I added tiny pink pearls, but you can't see it here too well.  Then I used several layers of white and ecru lace and trims.  To finish it off I added a sparkly vintage tiny pin in the middle and attached a rope belt tie.



No comments:

Post a Comment