Monday, June 3, 2013

Crazy For Washi

Hello my lovelies,

When the big washi tape craze started I didn't find it useful to the kind of art journaling I was doing. However,  I recently started taking a Kelly Kilmer class and have gone nuts buying and making tapes of all types.


I have a little tip for you if you like making fabric tape.  I stabilize the fabric with medical paper tape.  First I make sure the fabric piece is trimmed evenly.  Then I place the tape on the edge of the piece of fabric and then trim it right at the edge of the tape on the inside of the fabric with a pair of sharp scissors or a rotary cutter.  Since the backing is still porous it sticks right onto any paper or fabric really well.  The fabric is stabilized and I saved a bit of cutting time.







No comments:

Post a Comment